Instructional folk harp for adults
If you want to make beautiful music on a beautiful instrument, whether or not you have had previous musical training, you’ve come to the right place. We offer ongoing semesters of Instructional folk harp at most of our host hospitals, Bucks County Community College and at our studio in Bensalem, PA. In addition to our studio in Bensalem, PA instructional harp classes are taught at:
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton, NJ
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway, NJ
- The Valley Hospital at Ridgewood, NJ
Once a student is able to play ten tunes, they are eligible to apply to our harp therapy certification program.
Instructional folk harp for kids
Kids Play! Instructional Folk Harp
Similar to but not exactly the same as instructional folk harp for adults, our Kids Play! classes focus on reading treble and bass clefs, learning good harp technique, building repertoire, improvising, and learning music and ear training fundamentals. Students are encouraged to play both with and without written music. We offer Kids Play! Instructional Harp at our studio in Bensalem, PA as well as at three of our host hospitals: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Rahway, and The Valley Hospital.
Instructional intensive program
The Highly Individualized Instructional Intensive
Through the years, people throughout the country have requested Edie to teach them to play the harp as she does in our certification program—showing students how to make beautiful music by improvising freely and playing by ear. We are thrilled to announce that, on a very limited basis, Edie is offering lessons in the form of a 15-day instructional intensive. Here is what you’ll receive:
- 11 private lessons with Edie Elkan, Founding Director of Bedside Harp, who will teach you how to play your instrument the Bedside Harp way. Whether a beginner or a more seasoned player, with a music background or not, you’ll learn how to make beautiful music by improvising, playing by ear, and playing from a fake book. What’s more, you’ll understand why something sounds beautiful or not and perhaps most importantly, how to turn a musical grimace into a smile.
- Unlimited visits to Bedside Harp classes and harp circles in our area over the course of the 15 days where you can participate or just observe.
- All materials, music, and books, including a personalized syllabus, practice CDs and the highly-regarded Bedside Harp Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About… Book containing topical information about musical navigating, chords, basic harp technique, trade secrets and much more, in addition to well over 100 tunes appropriate for bedside playing.
Instructional Healing Harp Pricing
- Group Lessons $405.00
10 hours of class instruction with 2 or more students that meet once a week.
- Private Lessons with Edie $75.00
Hour long sessions in Bensalem, Mercerville and online
- New Student Materials Fee $125.00
Includes the highly regarded, Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About… book, practice CD, as well as other materials
- Intensive $1,000.00